Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Easter "Splurge"!

I hardly ever buy stuff for just me. Yeah, I know, I am not a "normal' female! But I knew that! When I buy things, I make sure that my whole family can benefit from them! I prefer to go without and spend for my family and when they are happy and have what they need, I find joy in that!
Last month, I had the opportunity to spend some money though (yay, naughty me!) and of course I went for mostly books! I purchased books that I knew my whole family (and even others) could benefit from though.
I wanted to get the children a treat for Easter and since the oldest is reading I got the Billy & Blaze book for her and a Dora reading set for her and the youngest (who Loves Dora!).

Plus I bought them a dvd! I never do that! I think this was the second dvd we have bought! Lol! But they love "Ice Age" and had not seen "Dawn of the Dinosaurs". Sure enough, the whole family loves it!

I also bought a bunch of seeds, but hope to post about that later!


The top herb book on my list has been:

Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health

So I knew I wanted to get that one! Now if I could just discipline myself to read more, so I can soak in all this great herbal information!!!!!
Rosemary's book is full of recipes, pictures and info on herbs and health.



I would love to grow most of my herbs and have started growing some, but I would like to know more about how to do it right when I do more! I have been gathering up a lot of herb seeds, so I finally got
Growing 101 Herbs that Heal by Tammi Hartung!


This book is packed with info! I was surprised! I assumed it was all about growing herbs, but has So Much more! How to store herbs, making herbal preparations, recipes, garden plans, and about marketing your herbs, etc!!


Another book I have had on my wish list for a Long time is:
"Rejuvenate Your Life, Recipes for Energy" by Serene Allison
I was very excited to finally get it and read over some of the pages! She gives tons of info and advice on how to make and cook healthy for your family and switching to healthy foods. Also love that she tells where they get their foods! I look forward to being able to eat more like her family, but know that I will probably end up just using a lot of her recipes and ideas, since we do canning and cook on a woodstove!


My other purchase was also from Above Rubies!
I have been wanting a dvd set from Nancy Campbell for a long time now, and when I saw the new set, and it was cheaper then her other set ("Reclaiming God's Plan For Women") I decided to get it. Nancy is so inspiring and I love her speeches. My husband was disappointed in her misspeaking some (like when she says that male and female are two separate species) but I hope people know that she must have misspoke there! Maybe I should have bought the other dvd set.....Oh well, I want to share your messages with other women, and thought her dvds would be good. Has anyone else had women over to their house to hear her dvds? Would love to hear how that went for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment