Wednesday, February 3, 2010

~What's Cooking Wednesdays~ Heart-Shaped Cheese Scones

While looking for some heart shaped goodies to make for our Anniversary one year, I found these Heart-Shaped Cheese Scones at Taste of Home.
After making them once, I fell in love with them! But then again I am a bread lover anyway!
These are a great alternative to plain biscuits or rolls and with Valentines coming up, would make a pretty addition to your special dinner! As I mentioned, I like making them for our Anniversary and other special occasions! Hope you and yours enjoy them too!

Heart-Shaped Cheese Scones
12 Servings
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.

Ingredients
2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoon milk
Directions
•In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking
soda; stir in cheese. In small bowl, combine egg, sour cream, oil
and milk. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; stir in
egg mixture just until moistened.

•Turn onto a floured surface and knead gently 10-12 times. Gently pat
out to 1/3-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. heart-shaped
cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at
425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to
wire rack. Serve warm.
Yield: about 1 dozen.

For more great recipes, visit Jess's blog for "What's Cooking Wednesdays"!

1 comment:

  1. These sound so yummy! I love scones! One of my specialties is a Double Orange Scone w/Orange Butter!

    I'm your newest follower! Love for you to come visit me! I post lots of recipes, too :)

    Have a great day!
    ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete