Tuesday, February 23, 2010

~What's Cooking Wednesdays~ Easy Sloppy Joes!

A couple of weeks ago, I saw Kellie's Southern Sloppy Joe's, on her blog, "Kellie's Healthy Recipes" and decided I just had to make some! It is terrible, because I have not made sloppy Joe's before! But I had an idea of how I could make these easy and should be good! Well, I tried it about two weeks ago and it was sooo yummy!!! I just loved how fast I could make this hearty meal and it is pretty healthy too! Yippee!
You can try it the way I made it or visit Kellie's blog to make it the way she did (with ground turkey, etc.)!

Sloppy Joe's

2 Tbsp.olive oil (optional)

1/4 cup onion minced (optional)

2 lbs. sausage

1, 16oz. jar of salsa (I used mild, but you can use whatever heat you prefer)

2 cup Velveeta cheese ( I used the cheap, store brand) cubed

1 (10 oz. can) rotel (optional)

Your favorite sliced bread or buns

In large skillet cook onion in olive oil (optional). Cook sausage till done, add salsa and cook till heated thru. In saucepan melt cheese and add rotel (optional). Serve sausage mixture on your favorite bread or buns and top with cheese sauce!

Hope you enjoy!


If you have a recipe to share, please link up at Jess's blog, "It's All About the Savings" for "What's Cooking Wednesdays"! Hope to see you there!

God bless your cooking!

~Hannah

1 comment:

  1. I never had sloppy joes with sausage. I think I am going to have to try this. It will be new to us.

    ReplyDelete