Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Mornings At The Well 1

Gathering At the Well

This Monday mornings discussion questions for the women At the Well.

Are there areas of hardnes and coldness in my life? What are the roots of these? Do I need to release someone who has hurt me in my past? Do I need to confess and release myself from the bondage of sinful patterns in my own life?
With the Good Lord's help, and my husband's, I am overcoming my ruff growing up years. There are many problems that are in my family and past and I do not want these carried on to another generation! As my husband says, "It stops here." I do not want to be like my mother and grandmother (on my Dad's side). Enough damage has been done to me and my siblings and family. I have had a hard time forgiving my parents and grandmother but thankfully, with God all things are possible and He is here for me and gives me strength! One book that I have found to be very helpful is "The Mom I Want to Be: Rising Above Your Past to Give Your Kids a Great Future" By: T. Suzanne Eller.

What are some ways that I can turn the conversation around when other women begin to gripe and complain about their children?
Childern are a blessing from them Lord! This is what I try to show to people! To many look at their children as in the way of their career life and all that they want to do. It is soo sad to see women who have given up their high-calling as mothers and instead have little dogs! I enjoy spending everyday with my children. My children are worth all my time. I am a women, and God has called me to be a mother and homemaker! There is nothing more important then raising my children in a godly home, giving them the best education by homeschooling them, and teaching them to love the Lord! Praise the Lord for childern!

Name some creative ways we can create warmer, more inviting environments for our children.

Loving their father! I call him my "Prince" or "King" and our daughters look up to him as Prince or King, too!
Taking the time to play down on their level at least once a day! Children love for you to get on their level!
Play dress up and make believe. Act out a short play, or familiar story, or show.
Read to them about God and His love for them!
Singing and dancing around the house to childrens sunday school songs or some other Christian music (they enjoy Momma's music, too!).
Child-proofing my home. Removing things that are not child friendly or that may be tore up. Getting rid of them or putting them away. This will save me from having to get on to my children, or someone else's children, later. My children are more important then things!
Arrange your house to be child friendly. Give them areas to play, a little fun paly area. Change it up ever-so-often to make it more interesting.
Have a lot of toys? Put some away and ever-so-often retate the old toys.
Have a tea time! Or a special time of the day to have a special snack and maybe go over proper etiquette!
Replace or add to your selection of childrens movies, Bible movies!
Include your children in what you do. Childern enjoy helping and being with you! Also starting them out young, making it fun, will pay off when they are older and have chores!
Pray for each of your children!
Bless your children!

Love a sister in Christ,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment