Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Homemaking and Home Destroyers part 2 of 2

Okay here is my second try at this. The first got deleted. Sorry it is very pitiful now.


Gathering At the Well









Yesterday the question At The Well http://www.titus2atthewell.com/2009/02/are-my-motives-pleasing-to-you-god.html was on whether are motives are pleasing to God. So today I have been thinking about pleasing God and homemaking. I believe that I am pleasing God as a homemaker. I am pleasing God by staying at home, by being my husband's helpmate and by raising our children. I am pleasing God by being joyful and content as a homemaker. This can be ruff at times, and satan often throws discouragement, but I must remember to build up my home and that I will find joy in pleasing my family and the Lord! I do not consider myself to be the best homemaker. As in most areas of my life, there is a lot of room for improvement! But, Praise the Lord, He is still working on me!
My husband is the King of this home. So I want him to be happy and fill appreciated and loved in his home. We should want our husband to fill like royalty! We have to create and build up a home that has an atmosphere of love for all who abide here. Our position, as homemakers, should not be looked down upon as one of a maid servant, but as the wife of a king, we have the calling to be the queen of our home! When we think of our home this way, we will have a new attitude. Our position as queen is a privilege! A God given privilege! Our God-given calling! Our home is a "castle" and we were chosen to be the ones to make it a "castle," build it up, and fill it with love for our family, and pleasing unto the Lord! How wonderful! We are blessed with the title of a queen! The world offers many lies, and lures us to believe many things, so that women are easily mislead to follow the worlds calling to women. We can have the career we always dreamed of, our own spending money to buy what we want or think we need, we can have fancy things, go fancy places, plan out our own lives around ourselves, we are not tied down, we can go, go, go, and do as we please! What a life! And we are known as career, liberated, powerful women! Yet this is soo empty! Nothing last, we are not truly rewarded and when the lights go out and the show is over, we have nothing. Our hearts, body and whole being is made to nurture, care for, love and create. To be a career women or to be a homemaker and queen? The answer is clear to me. I want to please my God and so this is the title I will humbly wear, a homemaker and a queen.
This is your high calling, your privilege and position! Wear it like a queen! Embrace your high-calling! Praise the Lord for your high-calling!
A homemaker for the Lord,
Hannah

P.S.
I have included the second part of Nancy Campbell's writing that I shared with you last week. If you would like to receive these in your email go to her website:
http://rubies.articledirectoree.com/subscribe-email-devotionals.html
Enjoy!


HOME DESTROYERS

Part 2b
Proverbs 13:18, "Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction: but he that regardeth reproof shall be honored."

We continue talking today about the home destroyer of foolishness. We pull it down by not preparing for the future. As you read through Proverbs 31 again you will notice that the virtuous woman did not live just for the day, but prepared her home and household for whatever lay ahead.
Proverbs 31:27 says, "She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the read of idleness." The words "looks well" are translated from the Hebrew word tsaphah. It has two meanings--
a) To watch. It is the same word that is used for a watchman who watches to protect the city, e.g. Ezekiel 33:7. The wise woman is a watchwoman. She guards her home and her children's lives. She does not leave her post. She guards over what they see, hear and read. She watches over her home to keep everything in order. She does not let things get out of control.
b) To lean forward, to peer into the distance. The wise woman does not think only about today, but about the future. She has food and necessities prepared in case of emergency. She has made strategies with her family so that they know what to do in a crisis. She is ready for whatever may happen.
Proverbs 31:18 says that "her lamp goes not out by night." No, don't feel guilty. she is not working all night! Back in Bible days, they did not have electricity. Therefore, they kept a lamp burning, ready for any emergency. The dogs may bark at some intrusion or the baby wakes. They need to have the lamp ready to investigate or to minister to the needs of the baby or children. It could be catastrophic for a family to run out of oil for the lamp. The wise woman always made sure she had enough oil to keep the lamp burning continually.
Jesus told a story about this in Matthew 25:1-13. The wise virgins took not only their lamps but extra oil with them. The foolish didn't think of anything but the moment, and of course they ran out of oil! And they missed the coming of the bridegroom! What did Jesus call these women? Yes, we know. Foolish! We pull it down by being stubborn. Proverbs 1:7 says, "Fools despise wisdom and instruction." (Proverbs 1:22) The foolish woman thinks she knows it all and she does not like to be corrected. The wise woman knows that she constantly needs correction from the Lord. Even from her husband and others in order to keep learning and walking in the ways of the Lord. I don't always like it when my husband corrects me but I know it keeps me on the right track. I want to receive correction and wisdom from others because I don't want to stay the same. I still have so much changing and learning to do. I want to have a soft heart to hear what God tells me.
The Scriptures tell us over and over again that it is the wise who will receive instruction and correction. The word that is used continually is "hear". Hear instruction. Hear counsel. Listen to rebuke. The word "hear" is shama in the Hebrew. It means "to hear with attention or obedience, to give undivided listening attention." This should be our attitude toward correction and advice, rather than being reactionary. I notice that the word heart is a t added to hear. To have a heart that is soft and pliable, we have to have to hear what God wants to say to us, not only through His Word, but through others.
Much of what we do and think is conditioned by our deceived humanistic society. It is so much part of everything around us that we think it is normal. But the world's normal does not always match the Word of God. We must continually seek God and His Word for His truth. We must constantly check to seek if we are lining up with His plan for motherhood and family life.
I have had to change and repent about so many things over the years and I know that God has still so much to teach me. We must always be open to God's truth. Read the beautiful family Psalms (Psalm 127 and 128) every week. They keep you in line with God's heart rather than the humanistic thinking of this world.
Sometimes we have to humble our ears to hear counsel. Proverbs 22:17 says, "Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge."

We need to take notice of Proverbs 8:33, "Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not." Also Proverbs 15:32, "He that refuses instruction despises his own soul: but he that hears reproof gets understanding."

Love from
NANCY CAMPBELL


PRAYER:
"Lord, please give me a hearing heart that is open to correction. I know that as I am open to correction, my children will be more open to correction too. Thank you, Lord. Amen."
AFFIRMATION:
I'm a watchman in my home,
I will not vacate my post!
I'm open to wise correction
And filled with the Holy Ghost!

No comments:

Post a Comment