Saturday, April 3, 2010

~Spiritual Sundays~ He Loves Me So!


I love Easter! I love to think of God's love that He poured down upon us, even though we are sinners! I often feel like Paul when he says he was the chief of sinners, when I think of all that God has done for me and I am in complete awe of His love and compassion!
Tonight, (Sat. before Easter) I am thinking of what I would like to meditate on over the next 24+ hours! I want to think of God's love for me and how much He loves me and what He has done for me!! So I am sharing two hymns that are reminding me of God's love and that I have had in my head for several days or weeks now, as I think of the meaning of Easter and watch the signs of spring all around me!
Hope you enjoy, and praise God with these hymns today!


"Why Did My Savior Come to Earth?"
By J. G. Dailey
"Why did my Savior come to earth,
And to the humble go?
Why did He choose a lowly birth?
Because He loved me so!

He loved me so
He loved me so
He gave His precious life for me, for me
Because He loved me so

Why did He drink the bitter cup
Of sorrow, pain and woe?
Why on the cross be lifted up?
Because He loved me so!

Till Jesus comes I'll sing His praise
And then to glory go
And reign with Him thro' endless days
Because He loved me so!"



"I am So Glad" ("Jesus Loves Even Me")
Words & Music by Phil­ip P. Bliss

"I am so glad that our Father in Heav’n
Tells of His love in the Book He has giv’n;
Wonderful things in the Bible I see,
This is the dearest, that Jesus loves me.

Refrain

I am so glad that Jesus loves me,
Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me.
I am so glad that Jesus loves me,
Jesus loves even me.

Though I forget Him, and wander away,
Still He doth love me wherever I stray;
Back to His dear loving arms I do flee,
When I remember that Jesus loves me.

Refrain

Oh, if there’s only one song I can sing,
When in His beauty I see the great King,
This shall my song through eternity be,
“Oh, what a wonder that Jesus loves me!”"


For more "Spiritual Sunday" post, or to join and share your "Spiritual Sunday" post, visit the "Spiritual Sunday" blogspot!!


God bless your Easter!
~Hannah

4 comments:

  1. We used to sing both of these songs in church years ago. Thank you for bringing back the memories. The cross is beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Easter Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such beautiful hymns with us! God bless you and Happy Easter!

    www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sing these songs, I love them both. Why Did My Savior Come to Earth, is one of my favorites.
    God Bless and Happy Easter.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah, Such lovely hymns and such a lovely post for this Easter Sunday!

    Blessings,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete