Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dandelion Cookies Recipe!

A couple of years ago, when I really started getting into herbs, I found Learning Herbs and all their great recipes! One was for flower cookies and I knew my girls would love this! I made them year before last, but did not get to last year. This year our dandelion patch in the front yard is huge and so pretty! So today I used the recipe from Learning Herbs Recipe for Dandelion Cookies! Here is my step-by-step of their recipe and of course I had to make some changes for my ingredients!

By the way, I doubled the recipe and it made 3 dozen cookies!!

Dandelion Flower Cookies

For this dandelion recipe, you’ll need: 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (I used my coconut oil from Tropical Traditions!), 1⁄2 cup honey (out of honey so used brown sugar), 2 eggs, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 cup unbleached flour, 1 cup dry oatmeal, and 1⁄2 cup dandelion flowers.

1) Preheat the oven to 375.

2) Mix the oil and honey and then beat in the 2 eggs and vanilla.
3) Remove the yellow flower parts from the green parts (compost the green parts).
4) Stir in the flour, oatmeal, and dandelion flowers.

5) Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls onto an oiled cookie sheet.

6) Bake for 10-15 minutes.
7) Cool and enjoy!


Yummy and pretty healthy! =)

(Now time for a cookie and coffee)!

~Hannah

3 comments:

  1. It's so dry here not even the dandelions are blooming (it is a bit early for us, though). I know they'll come eventually and I'll get a chance to try this out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, my i am starting to get hungry. It looks really good! I have to try your recipe!

    I am following you from MBC.
    http://www.showmemama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way! Never would have thought you can use those in cookies.

    ReplyDelete