Saturday, January 9, 2010

Samuel Adams Saturday (Speech Cont. Part 20 and final!)

"You have now in the field armies sufficient to repel the whole force of your enemies and their base and mercenary auxiliaries. The hearts of your soldiers beat high with the spirit of freedom; they are animated with the justice of their cause, and while they grasp their swords can look up to Heaven for assistance. Your adversaries are composed of wretches who laugh at the rights of humanity, who turn religion into derision, and would, for higher wages, direct their swords against their leaders or their country. Go on, then, in your generous enterprise with gratitude to Heaven for past success, and confidence of it in the future. For my own part I ask no greater blessing than to share with you the common danger and common glory. If I have a wish dearer to my soul than that my ashes may be mingled with those of a Warren and Montgomery, it is that these American States may never cease to be free and independent." -Samuel Adams

The last of a great speech made by Samuel Adams.
To read the entire speech (which I highly recommend) go HERE or visit all my past blog post on the speech!
Hope you all enjoyed it!

God bless and give you hope and strength!
~Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment