Monday, January 25, 2010

~Menu Plan Monday~ Using What You Have


Well, once again my menus have overlapped because of an abundance of leftovers! =) I am I the only mom who uses leftovers like three of four times? I just tend to cook a huge pot of soup or beans or whatever and it just seems to last a long time with our small family! Oh well! It sure cuts our grocery bill down! I have not been to the grocery store since before Christmas! And when husband goes it is just to get eggs, milk, bread, butter, cheese and Maybe a couple of other things!
We try to keep a lot of food stocked up all the time though. We have home canned meat and veggies that we canned last year! And we stay stocked up on other canned foods and beans and rice! =) I love having a full pantry and cannot imagine having to go to the grocery store every week to restock!
Here is my "tentative" menu for this week! chances are there will be a lot of leftovers though!

Mon.
breakfast= oatmeal
lunch = chicken and rice and sauteed mushrooms
supper= pinto beans
Tues.
breakfast= scrambled eggs, sausage & toast
lunch = leftover chicken & rice
supper= pinto beans
Wed.
breakfast= sausage & cheese omelets
lunch = spaghetti
supper= white beans
Thurs.
breakfast= cold cereal (if we have milk! if not oatmeal)
lunch = spaghetti
supper= white beans
Fri.
breakfast= pancakes
lunch= beef & veggie soup (from home canned food)
supper= white beans
Sat.
breakfast= pancakes
lunch= grill cheese sandwiches
supper= leftover beef & veggie soup
Sun.
breakfast= oatmeal or cold cereal
lunch= turkey sandwiches
supper= leftover beef & veggie soup

For more great menus, visit:
God bless your Monday! And God bless your week!
~Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the blog comment. I'm praying right now that God opens a door and makes it possible for us to homeschool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't menu planning great? I find it so helpful to prepare what I am making ahead of time. It means I don't get to 5pm and get stressed about the evening meal. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete