Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Smell of Fresh Granola!

My favorite cold cereal is Homemade Granola! I just love it! I use to make it a lot as a teenager, and it would hold me over till lunch, unlike some of my siblings who preferred the store bought "cardboard" or "air" cereal!
I had not made this granola in years till about two months ago! Now I have made it like 4 times since! Princess S. and I have been eating it! Hopefully Princess A. will get to like it too!

This morning I made a batch, and boy, did the house smell Good after it came out of the oven, to cool! Yum!


Here is the recipe I use:

Granola

Mix together in a large bowel:
6 c. oats
1/4 c. wheat germ
1/4 c. wheat bran
1/4 c. sesame seeds
1 tbsp. vanilla or 1/2 tsp. almond flavoring

Melt in a pan:
1 c. butter (2 sticks)
1/2 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. sorghum
1/4 c. oil

Pour liquid ingredients over dry and mix all together.
Bake on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for about 20 mins. or until brown (stirring ever so often to keep edges from getting too done).
When done set on a rake to cool and add raisins or nuts (optional).


It makes about a gallon!

Hope you enjoy the recipe and a more healthy breakfast or snack, too!

God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to try making a granola...what is sorghum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make homemade granola bars for my now ex hubby. He liked them better than the store bought ones, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete