Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Words of Our Founding Father's--Washington Wednesday


We have not had much time to read "The Real George Washinton" lately, and I really miss it! We bought a new book ("The 5000 year Leap") and have been reading it whenever we have the time, before bed. Really amazing book and helps put so much together that I have heard or read about, but did not know the meaning! But, back to George...I still miss him and might just have to sneak in a few chapters sometime! ha!ha!
Here are some more great quotes from this great man for you to read and digest today!

"The foundation of our Empire was not laid in the gloomy age of Ignorance and Superstition, but at an Epoch when the rights of mankind were better understood and more clearly defined, than at any former period." George Washington

"No country upon earth ever had it more in its power to attain these blessings than United America. Wondrously strange, then, and much to be regretted indeed would it be, were we to neglect the means and to depart from the road which Providence has pointed us to so plainly; I cannot believe it will ever come to pass." George Washington

"If we are wise, let us prepare for the worst."
-George Washington

4 comments:

  1. What is the 5,000 year leap? I'm always looking for an interesting book to read and inform my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.

    Great post! Very insightful!

    Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
    please pray for the many requests that may
    be found on our main page?

    May the Lord bless and enrich your ministry!! :)

    Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

    ps - please consider "following" our blog -or- atleast
    grab one of our free, linking, blue buttons (top
    sidebar @ LighthousePrayerLine.org). Be
    blessed and be a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like I book that I would read when I have nothing else on my plate. I'm so glad you shared it with us.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hearing about "The 5000 year Leap" and it just looks like one of those books that is a must read though just reading about "The Real George Washington" that sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete