Monday, March 7, 2011

My Birthday Chessecake Recipe!

I am finally getting around to posting the chessecake recipe I used to make my birthday cake! It was absilutly wonderful, or is it sinful? Anyways! I Loved it and ended up eating almost every bite of it by myself! =) (Thank you little brother, Arthur, for helping me eat some of it!) =)
My husband just does not eat many sweets and girls had plenty of Christmas goodies!

So, here is the recipe:

Taste Of Home's Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake !

12 ServingsPrep: 30 min.
Bake: 50 min. + chilling

Ingredients
1-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (about 16 cookies)
3 tablespoons butter, melted
4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs, lightly beaten
20 chocolate cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped
Directions
In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in half of chopped cookies. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining cookies. Place pan on a baking sheet.
Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set and top appears dull. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings

Here is a picture of mine! Please ignore the candles! =)

I do not own a springfoam pan, so I used a round cake pan. I baked it in my woodcook stove! Yay!

It was fun (and yummy) to make, and pretty easy!

Okay, I give in! I will post a picture of me, since it was my birthday!

I look forward to having an excuse to make this cheesecake again! And I need to try out some more cheesecake recipes. Any suggestions?! =) Or excuses?! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment