Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Words of our Founding Fathers.... Thomas Jefferson Tuesday


I really have to get back to my Founding Father quotes here! Is it just me that misses them? If you don't mind, let me know! Thanks!

I read a great one today, and it just happened to be Thomas Jefferson! I use to post his quotes on Tues., so that was really neat!



Oh, and this picture reminds me, I need to start reading this book! The George Washington was has been loaned out to a friend and I miss it!=(

Okay, enough of me, here is Jefferson himself!

"On every question of construction, (let us) carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." -Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment