Monday, September 21, 2009

~Music Mondays~ "Mercy Said No"


I am late today for the music! So sorry! I missed being able to check out all the songs linked up on Shawntele's blog Saved By Grace earlier in the day, so that I could think about them and listen to them thru the day!

It has been really busy here with homeschooling, getting ready for winter and just life! Busy, but love it! God is Soooo Good! Praise His Name!


Here is another song I just stumbled upon about a year ago and I just love it! It is just beautiful and very touching!


"Mercy Said No"
By Cece Winans

I was just a child, when I felt the Savior leading

I was drawn to what I could not understand

And for the cause of Christ, I have spent my days believing

That what He'd have me be, is who I am

As I've come to see the weaker side of me

I realize His grace is what I'll need

When sin demanded justice for my soul

(Chorus)

Mercy said no

I'm not gonna let you go

I'm not gonna let you slip awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

You don't have to be afraid

Mercy said no

sin will never ever take control

Life and death stood face to face

Darkness tried to steal my heart away

Thank You Jesus, Mercy said nooooooooooooooo

For God so loved the world, that He sent His son to save us

From the cross He built a bridge to set us free

Oh, but deep within our hearts, there is still a war that rages

And makes a sacrifice so hard to see

As midnight fell on crucifixion day

The light of hope seemed oh so far away

As evil tried to stop redemption's flow

(Repeat Chorus)

(Bridge)

And now when heaven looks at me

It's through the blood of Jesus

Reminding me of one day long ago

(Repeat Chorus)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful song, I listened to it twice tonight. Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete