Tuesday, June 1, 2010

~What's Cooking Wednesdays?~ Shrimp Jambalaya!


Since I have started cooking in my crockpot, it has been exciting to try some new recipes that I have been wanting to cook! One that my husband was really wanting was shrimp jambalaya!
When it comes to cooking for my husband, I love to cook for him, but if he has had something in the past, made by someone else, I get very cautious about cooking it, for fear it will not be the same or better! =) So I was not sure how the shrimp jambalaya would work! Lol! As usual, I found me a recipe online and just jumped into it though and PTL! the results were fantastic!! And husband loved it! Yippee!
Besides the shrimp, it was not very expensive to make, and the recipe I used can be made very fast, or you can do it like I did and let it all (except the shrimp and rice) simmer on low in a slow cooker for a couple of hours!
Here is the recipe I used:

Shrimp Jambalaya
From Taste Of Home
"This delightfully different jambalaya is lighter than many of the traditional sausage varieties. Plus, it's a great way to use up leftover ham. I appreciate how easy it is to prepare, and I love the aroma while it's cooking."

4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.

Ingredients
1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups chicken broth
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon each cayenne pepper, chili powder and pepper
1 bay leaf
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions
•In a large skillet, cook the ham, onion and garlic in oil until onion
is tender. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, parsley and seasonings.
Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Add shrimp; cook 5 minutes
longer or until shrimp turn pink. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 4
servings.

Happy cooking and God bless!
~Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment